This OTCS workshop will have TWO parts by TWO different speakers.
Part 1 by Nugget Speaker: Selling futures options for income
Nugget Speaker: Chiu Jia Yu
- Nugget Speaker segment is a short 30-minute segment where a member or invited speaker share some nuggets about trading and investing, before our main speaker segment.
- In this segment, Chiu Jia Yu, our club’s treasurer, will share about what he learnt from a book on selling futures options for income.
Part 2 by Main Speaker: Trading forex for a living: An honest and transparent sharing by a real forex trader
Main Speaker: James Wong
- Through hard work and practise, James achieved his break-through in forex trading in 2015.
- In 2017, his forex trading income matched his full-time job’s income.
- As such, James is able to trades forex and CFDs full-time now.
- For his success in trading, he has been recognised as an OANDA’s Elite Trader’s Club Member.
Please learn more about James in his bio below.
James will share:
- A no-nonsense, straightforward sharing of what it takes to trade forex for a living.
- Honest and brutal truths behind trading forex.
- Understand what is the “edge” you need to develop to beat the forex market.
- Hear from a real trader the challenges and harsh lessons of trading for a living.
- Be inspired to find your own edge, to make your own dream happen in trading whatever instrument you choose.
- See real, unadulterated account statements of a forex trader.
Key learning points:
- Listen to the story of a real forex trader who trades for a living.
- Learn the challenges and lessons of trading for a living.
- Discover what it takes to be successful in trading forex.
Who can benefit by attending:
- Part time and full time traders passionate about trading.
- Beginners who are still searching for tools to use in trading.
- Anyone interested in making money from trading forex.
About speaker: James Wong
James trained to be a doctor and graduated from NUS medical school in 2004. He decided not to pursue medicine and worked at a local polytechnic as a lecturer from 2008. He converted from being a full time staff to part time staff in 2017 while pursuing forex trading. Currently trades forex and CFDs full time.
His forex knowledge and skills are self-taught through books such as Elder’s “Trading for a Living” and through years of hard work and practice. He started learning forex in 2013 but was a value investor since 2008. Through his learning journey he discovered his edge and hit his breakthrough in 2015. In 2017 he managed to match his full time job’s income through trading forex alone.
He is recognized to be part of OANDA’s Elite Trader’s Club Member and was invited to participate in a survey to identify the qualities of what makes a successful trader.
His personal statement is “No Risk, No reward. The Dream is there for you to make it happen.” He recognizes the importance of finding one’s own edge in trading regardless of trading strategy or style, and strongly believes that competency in trading psychology is more important than trading strategies, be it technical or fundamental, in order for anyone to be successful in trading.
Moving forward, he intends to leverage on his experience as an authentic and profitable forex trader, as well as his experience in the education sector to help others succeed in forex trading.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members
- S$20 for non-members
(Or join as a member at venue for just S$60/yr – Time limited offer!)
(Come with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 16 Jul 2018 (Mon)
- Time: 7pm – 10pm (Registration starts 6.30pm)
- Venue: Blk 231 Bain Street, #04-41 Bras Basah Complex, Singapore 180231 (map)
- Food: Boxed meals, first come first served, while stocks last
- Registration is compulsory as seats are limited.