What are the missing ingredients in day trading FX?
For most retail traders, price action is the only dimension that they look at, and often neglecting the other dimensions of analysis which are crucial in making a good FX trade decision. The same approach will be equally applicable to futures trading and equity trading as well.
On 8 Sep 2015, Alex Siew shared with a packed room of our members on quantitative trading. On 8 Jun 2016, Alex will be sharing our members a systematic way to day trade FX.
BONUS: MT4 indicators used by Alex will be given free to those who attends this workshop.
Five Dimensional Trading – Combining Intermarket-analysis, News, Volatility, Volume and Price Action for day trading FX
Attend this workshop and you will learn:
- Critical evaluation of Economic Data Release (EDR). How it impacts the market.
- Comparison of technical tools with quantitative tools to measure impact of EDR. Assess the pros and cons of each category of tools.
- Application of technical and quantitative tools to specific trading scenarios.
- The framework for development of technical indicators.
- The platform that supports technical indicator development.
- Application of indicators and comparison on their effectiveness with quantitative tools.
Who should attend
- Retail traders who are keen to understand how to trade in general, and particularly in FX market.
Alex is licensed Capital Market Service Representative, holds a Master in Information Technology in Business from Lincoln University, United Kingdom. Prior to that, he obtained his Bachelor of Commerce (double major in Accounting and Marketing) from Deakin University, Australia. He is currently a Fund Manager in VCB Capital. He is also serving as the Chairman for Market Technician Association (US) Malaysian Chapter.
Starting his career at PwC, he pursued the path of a Derivative analyst over the course of 10 years since graduation. Alex has extensive experience in Equity and Derivative investment, audit, corporate finance and Private Equity Funding.
Over the course of his career, Alex has developed his own proprietary software in automated industrial analysis of Derivative and Equity markets, Derivatives hedging and investment by utilising his IT skills combined with his knowledge in Derivatives markets. His technical analysis skills are recognised by world class Technical Analysis association MTA (Market Technician Association) of United States.
Alex has also hold part time lecturing position in various colleges for more than 10 years. He has lectured in the field of applied computerized statistics, deploying Quantitative Models generated from statistical software like Matlab, Eviews, Revolution R Analytics and IBM SPSS software packages. He is well versed with different approaches towards investment and risk management including Fundamental Analysis, Technical Analysis, Sentimental Analysis and Quantitative Analysis methodologies.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members
- S$20 for non-members
(Or join as a member at venue for just S$60/yr – Special price for this year!)
(Come with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 8 Jun 16 (Wed)
- Time: 7.15pm – 10pm (Registration starts 6.45pm)
- Venue: CMC Markets Singapore. 50 Raffles Place, #14-06 Singapore Land Tower, Singapore 048623 (map)
- Food: Boxed meals, first come first served, while stocks last
- MRT: Raffles Place (EW14/NS26)
- Registration is compulsory as seats are limited.