MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is a leading electronic trading platform with automated capabilities that offers users detailed graphs, sophisticated algorithms, and customisation features.
OTCS has specially arranged this jam-packed intensive “MT4 for beginners” workshop exclusively for our members who are new to MT4 trading platform.
The topics below have been carefully selected by several seasoned MT4 traders in OTCS for MT4 beginners.
From there, we invited John Kyvetos from Oanda (You can read his profile below) to conduct the “MT4 for beginners” workshop exclusively for us.
(You are most welcome to also attend our “MT4 for Intermediate Users” workshop on 10 Oct 2016.)
MT4 for Beginners
Attend this workshop and you will learn:
- How to download and install MT4
- How to setup your MT4 account
- Understanding the convention of how the instruments are quoted (Forex, Indices, Commodities, etc.)
- Definition of Pips, Fractional Pip and Points and how they are related
- Definition of Lot size. What are Standard Lot, Mini Lot, Micro Lot. And what are the Min and Max allowed
- Placing trade and orders
- Types of orders available
- Placing trade parameters (stop loss/take profit)
- Monitoring/modifying your positions
- How to tighten stop
- How to trail stop
- How to partial close
- Charting on the MT4 platform (e.g. How to draw a trend line and channel, etc)
- Where to get indicators MT4 indicators
- Adding custom indicators
- Create a Template
- How to use Profiles
- What is an EA (Expert Advisors)
- What are the differences between Indicators and EAs
- Where to get EAs
- Put in an EA and setting it to run
- How to change the input parameters of EAs
- Platform comparison (fxTrade vs MT4)
- Mobile MT4 platform
Who should attend
- Traders new to MT4 trading platform.
- Traders interested to use MT4 to trade FX, Indices, and Commodities CFDs.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members
- S$20 for non-members
(Or join as a member at venue for just S$60/yr – Special price for this year!)
(Come with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 3 Oct 2016 (Mon)
- Time: 7pm – 10pm (Registration starts 6.30pm)
- Venue: OANDA Asia Pacific. 50 Collyer Quay, #04-03 OUE Bayfront. Singapore 049321 (map)
- Food: Boxed meals, first come first served, while stocks last
- MRT: Raffles Place (EW14/NS26)
- Registration is compulsory as seats are limited.
Having obtained an MSc in Finance & Investment from Durham University’s prestigious Durham Business School in the UK, John Kyvetos joined one of the biggest trading houses in London. During his time with the firm, he developed an exemplary track record, recording positive balances for almost all of his five years as a professional trader. John relocated to Singapore in 2013, and since then has devoted his time to research and educating traders in market analysis and a range of trading strategies. His personal approach focuses on market trends combined with statistical analysis and his views of the current global macro environment.