Hands-on training description
OTCS has specially arranged this jam-packed intensive hands-on “thinkorswim Platform Training for Intermediate Users” session exclusively for our members who are account holders with TD Ameritrade Asia (paper money or real money account). It will be conducted by Victor Jones, Director of Education & Trading Products, TD Ameritrade Asia (See his profile below).
The topics below have been carefully selected by several seasoned thinkorswim platform users in OTCS.
thinkorswim Platform Training for Intermediate Users
Attend this hands-on training and you will learn:
- Put on a vertical spread
- Modelling a risk graph
- Use analytical tool like probability analysis and risk profile
- Contingent and OCO orders for entries and exits (profit taking and stop loss)
- Customise the option chain and forward test an option strategy
- Simulate strategy and adjustment on Analyse Tab
- Use beta weighing function for better understanding of portfolios
Pre-requisite to attend
- Intermediate options traders who are account holders with TD Ameritrade Asia (paper money or real money account)
- Already have thinkorswim platform installed and successfully logged into your paper money or real money account. If need help on this, please contact TD Ameritrade Asia before coming for training.
- Bring your own notebook computer as this is a hands-on training.
Only for TD Ameritrade Asia account holders!
- Free for OTCS members who are account holders with TD Ameritrade Asia (paper money or real money account)
- S$20 for non-members who are account holders with TD Ameritrade Asia (paper money or real money account)
(Or join as a member at venue for just S$60/yr – Special price for this year!)
- Date: 26 Oct 2016 (Wed)
- Time: 7.30pm – 9pm (Door opens at 7.15pm – Please do not arrive earlier)
- Venue: TD Ameritrade Asia. 1 Temasek Avenue, #15-02 Millenia Tower. Singapore 039192 (map)
- Food: Not permitted in venue. You may bring your own bottled plain water.
- Registration is compulsory as seats are limited.
Victor Jones has spent the previous ten years in financial services, primarily building innovative and award-winning trading tools for the largest retail trading firm in the world. In 2007, he joined TD Ameritrade as a broker on the electronic execution desk until moving to Chicago in 2010 where he was responsible for active trader platforms, routing hundreds of thousands of electronic orders per day. In early 2015, Mr. Jones joined thinkorswim Singapore as the Director of Education & Trading Products. He has spoken at conferences across the United States as well as Asia on trading technology, high probability trading methods, and retail execution techniques.