Before this workshop starts, OTCS will be conducting its AGM.
Do you know there are regulated alternative investments which have low correlation or are even totally NOT correlated to the stock markets?
Low correlation or uncorrelated means that if stock market crashes, these investments would be less affected.
With markets at all time high, and potential violent market reactions that can be triggered by a tweet or press of a button, do you want to find out how you can protect your portfolio with such regulated alternative investments?
Through Kenny Loh, one of our OTCS speaker and crew, we invited Mr Sani Hamid, a 21-year veteran working in the financial markets, to share with you:
- What are the risk in the stock market right now
- What are these regulated alternative investments which have low correlation or even uncorrelated to stock markets
- How you can use such alternative investments to protect your portfolio
BONUS 1: Q&A with an economist
If time permits, we will also hold a Q&A session at the end where you can ask Mr Sani Hamid your most pressing questions about the economy and investing in the current volatile market conditions.
BONUS 2: Market Outlook and Update
As we’re entering the 2nd half of 2018, Mr Sani Hamid will also be giving a market update and outlook before he starts.
About Mr Sani Hamid
- more than 21 years of working experience in the financial markets.
- worked for companies such as S&P MMS where he led a team of analysts covering Emerging Asian economies; BNP Paribas peregrine as senior economist; and S&P Ratings as a sovereign analyst overseeing the ratings of countries such Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Singapore.
- widely quoted in the media throughout his career, appeared regularly on CNBC and Channel News Asia, and has spoken at numerous international seminars on a wide range of topics.
- Director, Wealth Management in one of the largest and award-winning independent financial advisory firm in Singapore.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members
- S$20 for non-members
(Or join as a member at venue for just S$60/yr – Time limited offer!)
(Come with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 25 May 2018 (Fri)
- Time: 7pm – 10pm (Registration starts 6.30pm)
- Venue: iFAST. 10 Collyer Quay, #26-01 Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315 (map)
- Food: Simple buffet, first come first served, while stocks last
- Registration is compulsory as seats are limited.