Investing Into The Future
Speaker: Ryan Tan
Ryan Tan is a licensed portfolio fund manager with Phillip Securities. He has over 25 years of investment experience. He specialises in US-listed stocks with huge growth potential.
In addition to his personal investments, he has helped his clients and friends achieved on average of 15% return per annum for the last 7 years.
Notably, Ryan achieved a 26% return in 2019, and 17% return year-to-date in 2020 despite the Covid-19 crisis.
Ryan will share in this Webinar
- How to invest in Mega-Cap Growth Stocks?
- How to identify technology and growth companies?
- Why is there a need to invest into the future now?
Key learning points
- Investing into the Future: Golden Era of investing. Last Train Leaving.
- Why Equities? Understanding Equity Investments
- Understanding Disruptive Tech and Growth
There will be a Q&A segment for you to ask questions.
Who can benefit by attending
- Anyone who is new to the world of investments.
- Anyone who wants to find out how to invest into the future.
- Existing traders who are disillusioned and needs a new direction.
- Professionals from all industries including finance professionals looking to outsource part or all of their investments.
- Business owners and corporations looking for investment management.
About Ryan Tan
Ryan Tan is a portfolio manager with Phillip Securities. He has been with Phillip Securities since 2012, shortly after the Lehman crisis. He started investing since his pre-university days in Hwa Chong Junior College and has since accumulated 25 years of investment experience. Heeding the advice of a career counsellor, who shared that top bankers are mostly engineers by training, he opted to take up Engineering instead of Finance.
Ryan graduated with honours as a Mechanical Engineer from NTU and started work in Agilent Technologies (former subsidiary of HP). The work at Agilent involved outsourcing complete manufacturing lines from Singapore, which allowed him to travel and experience working with both OEM giants and major contract manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, Apple, HTC, Flextronics, Fox Con, Asus, just to name a few. The exposure is invaluable as it allows him to learn about full electronics products life cycle manufacturing hands-on.
After leaving the engineering field, Ryan joined IE Singapore to help develop the electronics and precision engineering industry in Singapore. It was his vision to help build Singapore’s very own MNC after seeing major local listed companies get bought over after achieving a proven track record. During this period, he visited global design houses, including having the privilege of working with Apple’s chief mechanical designer who helped design the first iPhone. Through such exposure, he added both design, branding skillset and metal and plastic processing industry knowledge to his electronics and semiconductor experience.
Shortly after the Lehman Crisis, Ryan decided it was time to do investment full time. He joined Phillip Securities in 2012 and obtained a full fund manager license in 2017. His years of investment and real-life global industries experience is paying off as he has managed to help clients and friends achieve an average return of 15% per annum for the last 7 years. Notably, his returns last year in 2019 was 26% net of fee while year to date returns for 2020 as of 1st May is +17% even with the global market collapse due to the on-going Covid 19 crisis.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members
- Free for Public/Non-members too! (So invite your friends!)
(Share this Webinar with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 28 May 2020 (Thu)
- Time: 8.30pm – 10.30pm (Webinar room opens 8.15pm)
- Venue: Webinar. Access from any connected devices. Nothing to install.
- Please update your desktop/mobile browser to latest version (e.g. Chrome)
- Registration is compulsory as Webinar capacity is limited.