How to find long-term investment opportunities during Covid-19 crisis
Speaker: Chong Ser Jing, Jeremy Chia (TheGoodInvestors.sg)
From January 2013 to October 2019, Ser Jing served in The Motley Fool Singapore as a writer as well as a co-leader of the investing team. He is also the co-author of a popular Singapore-themed investment book “Invest Lah! The Average Joe’s Guide To Investing.”
Jeremy was an MAS-registered writer for The Motley Fool Singapore from June 2017 to October 2019, with over 1,000 bylines under his name. Jeremy has also attained his CFA level 2 badge.
Ser Jing and Jeremy started The Good Investors in the aftermath of The Motley Fool Singapore’s closure in late 2019, and OTCS specially invited them to share with us their knowledge and insights in this Webinar.
Ser Jing and Jeremy will share in this Webinar
- 6 key mindsets you need to be a good investor
- A 6-criteria investment framework for evaluating companies
- How to find long-term investment opportunities during Covid-19 crisis
Key learning points
- Understand what the stock market is
- Understand the right mindsets to be a successful investor
- Have a sound framework to analyse investment opportunities
There will be a Q&A segment for you to ask questions.
Who can benefit by attending:
- Anyone who wishes to learn more about how they can invest in stocks for the long haul and steadily build their wealth in a reliable manner, despite the Covid-19 crisis now.
Ser Jing graduated with honours in 2012 from the National University of Singapore’s Engineering Science Programme. But having been bitten by the investing bug since he was in his late teens, he decided to pursue a career in the investing world. From January 2013 to October 2019, Ser Jing served in The Motley Fool Singapore as a writer as well as a co-leader of the investing team. One of his career highlights with Fool Singapore was to help its flagship investment newsletter, Stock Advisor Gold, outperform a global stock market benchmark by nearly 2x over a 3.5 year period. Ser Jing has been helping his family invest since October 2010, and is also the co-author of a popular Singapore-themed investment book “Invest Lah! The Average Joe’s Guide To Investing.” When he’s not busy digging through company reports, writing about his thoughts on investing, or actually investing, he can be found diving, playing music, exercising, meditating, playing football, and spending quality time with his loved ones.
Jeremy graduated from the University of Western Australia with an MBBS degree. Unlike the path taken by most medical doctors before him, Jeremy chose instead to pursue a career in investments. He has since been an MAS-registered writer for The Motley Fool Singapore from June 2017 to October 2019, with over 1,000 bylines under his name. Jeremy has also attained his CFA level 2 badge. Jeremy prescribes in the investing philosophy of buying good companies and holding them for the very long term. Besides investing, Jeremy enjoys football, in-line skating, swimming, and travelling.
All are welcome!
- Free for OTCS members!
- Free for non-members too! (So invite your friends!)
(Share this Webinar with a friend or two, but kindly get them to register too.)
- Date: 23 Apr 2020 (Thu)
- Time: 8.00pm – 10.00pm (Webinar room opens 7.45pm)
- Venue: Webinar. Access from any connected devices. Nothing to install.
- Please update your desktop/mobile browser to latest version (e.g. Chrome)
- Registration is compulsory as Webinar capacity is limited.